Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2015

New setup

Well i finaly did it. I got my new saltwater fly setup. I purchased the Reddington 9 weight predator rod and sage 2100 10 weight reel with rio outbound line. I got it out on thursday to give it a bash and although i didnt catch anything i did get to give my setup a good test and hell what a set it is. I had tried the rod at home and struggled on casting a bit but as soon as you put a heavy fly on that all changes and you can chuck line like a master. I decided to see how much line i could throw and I was just shy of casting the whole line. And the reel is smooth as silk. My only problem is that on the last part of my day I slipped on some rocks and fell with my rod landing on the rocks. My first thought was did I dent my reel but as I inspected it I realised the tip wa broken instead. There were a few profound words that were utered before I left for home. Just as well these rods have lifetime waranties.
Once I get it fixed I will be looking to get out and catch some good fish and plan to try and catch a kingfish.
Bring on summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment